Firefighters have not determined what started St. George house fire Sunday afternoon
BATON ROUGE - Smoke billowed from the roof of a home in the St. George area Sunday afternoon and firefighters have not determined what started the blaze.
According to the St. George Fire Department, a home on Hobbiton Road ignited around 1:25 p.m. and was under control before 2 p.m.
Fire officials said the fire was concentrated in the storage area at the back of the home near a carport, but the home was not a complete loss.
No injuries were reported and the Red Cross was called to assist the displaced residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Zachary high schooler allegedly shot classmate during off-campus fight; 3 teens facing...
Woman suspected of poisoning husband and boyfriend in separate killings goes to...
St. Tammany sheriff's deputy chases cow across busy highway
Holiday history - Sunday Journal
Lung cancer awareness - How new technology is helping patients survive their...