Fire crews respond to fire on Innovation Park Drive; over 100 without power
ST. GEORGE - Sunday afternoon firefighters worked to put out a fire after a power pole fell down causing more than 100 Entergy customers to go without power.
According to sources, a power pole is down in the 7900 block of Innovation Park Dr. near Willow Dr. with the transformer on fire.
The St. George Fire Department, who responded to the incident around 1:45 p.m. says that when they arrived on scene the pole was on top of a car, but officials are not sure if the vehicle struck the pole.
Entergy is working to bring power back to the affected areas. Entergy says that power should be back to all between the hours of 9 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Details are limited. This is a developing story.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
At least one dead in chaos at Port Hudson gathering
Cyclist struck and killed in hit-and-run off Airline Highway Saturday morning
Broadmoor Christmas parade rolled through neighborhood Saturday
Holiday Express on schedule to arrive in Gonzales Thursday; road closures announced
Tenants ask apartment management to make significant changes, address mold