Electrical short sparks house fire in Baton Rouge neighborhood
BATON ROUGE - Crews responded to reports of a house fire in a Baton Rouge neighborhood on Thursday.
The fire was reported around 12:30 p.m. in the 2700 block of Century Avenue.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department arrived on scene and found flames coming through the roof of the home. The fire quickly spread to the attic, but was brought under control within 15 minutes.
Crews were able to determine that the fire started from an electrical short in an outlet, which was in a rear bedroom of the home.
No injuries were reported.
The estimated damage to the home is valued at $45,000. Red Cross was called to assist.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Governor considering mask mandate as hospitals beg for help in latest COVID...
Nearly a year after her son's heat-related death, Denham Springs mom on...
Pest control company explains how to avoid home infestations during summer heat
Nakamoto: Racist behavior under investigation at State Police; internal documents show it...
2-year-old found dehydrated in BR apartment days after mother died