Electrical malfunction sparks overnight fire; 7 escape burning home
BATON ROUGE - Seven people escaped a burning house after an electrical short set the home ablaze.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department said the flames broke out shortly before 2 a.m. on N 44th Street just south of Gus Young Avenue. The department said the people got out after the home's fire alarm went off.
Once the fire was under control, fire investigators determined the flames started in the building's attic.
No one was hurt, though the Red Cross was contacted to help the displaced residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
CATS will discuss firing demoted CEO who appears to have retained $191,000...
U.S. Supreme Court Justices nix 2nd majority Black district in Louisiana for...
License plate mix-up discovered months after car purchase
Livingston Parish announces plan to expand Juban Road
Louisiana judge temporarily blocks enforcement of statewide abortion ban