Crews respond to fire at apartment complex along Essen Lane
BATON ROUGE - Authorities responded to a fire reported at an apartment complex in East Baton Rouge Friday afternoon.
Firefighters were called to the Chateaux Dijon apartments along Essen Lane near I-10 around 12:45 p.m.
Authorities say the fire began in the bathroom from a heater, burning through the bathroom ceiling. The tenant smelled smoke and immediately called 911.
The unit suffered serious fire damage and the apartment below suffered water damage. No injuries were reported.
An investigation is ongoing.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Veterinarians cautioning dog owners about respiratory illness seen across US
District Attorney talks crime, overdoses and juvenile detention center crisis at Press...
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Only 3 deputies assigned to work security at event where...
Substantial damage letter preventing couple from selling home
One killed, multiple others hurt in shooting that broke up ATV trail...