Company: Dakota Access pipeline on track to start this week
BISMARCK, N.D. - The company building the Dakota Access pipeline says the project remains on track to start moving oil this week despite recent "coordinated physical attacks" along the line.
The brief court filing late Monday from Texas-based Energy Transfer Partners didn't detail the attacks, but said they "pose threats to life, physical safety and the environment."
The filing cited those threats for redacting most of the 2½-page report. A spokeswoman and an attorney for the company didn't immediately respond to emailed questions from The Associated Press.
Two American Indian tribes have battled the $3.8 billion pipeline in court for months, arguing it's a threat to water. The company has said the pipeline will be safe.
When complete, the pipeline will move oil from North Dakota to a shipping point in Illinois.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
BR first responders deployed to Florida to assist in Hurricane Ian recovery...
Hurricane Ian likely to affect Louisiana homeowner's insurance rates
Denham Springs fall festival brings fun to community, improvements to city's historic...
High schools being asked to play some football games on Thursdays due...
DOTD now says I-10 lane closures will last 14 months; previously said...
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 4: Central's Glen Cage
Plaquemine's Jayden Rogers leading the Green Devils through music
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League