Burn ban in place for Livingston Parish
BATON ROUGE - Emergency officials said a burn ban had been put in place Tuesday for Livingston Parish.
Brandi Janes, the deputy director of the Livingston Parish Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness, said the State Fire Marshal recommended they put the ban in place at 4 p.m. Tuesday. due to dry conditions in the parish.
Parish President Layton Ricks signed the ban Tuesday. It's in effect until further notice.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Florida police officer shot in head; manhunt underway for gunman
At least one person killed, 10 hurt in multi-story building collapse near...
$20 million dollar drainage project underway in East Baton Rouge
Aftermath of deadly Florida building collapse
$20 million in drainage projects approved in EBR