Bond Commission approves $375 Million for projects across state
BATON ROUGE - The State Bond Commission has approved $375 million in funding for projects across the state and approved more than $35 million in interest savings at its Thursday meeting, according to the State Treasurer.
"We approved financing for public schools in Assumption and Lafayette parishes as well as for courthouse renovations in Livingston Parish," said Treasurer Kennedy. "We also approved more than $35 million in interest savings, which will benefit the public."
Among the projects approved were:
- Assumption Parish - $5 million in Revenue Bonds for the Assumption Parish School Board: for acquiring, constructing, and improving public school facilities, including sites, furnishings and equipment.
- Lafayette Parish - $80 million in Limited Tax Revenue Bonds for the Lafayette Parish School Board: for (a) constructing and acquiring capital improvements, (b) erecting and improving school buildings and related facilities and (c) acquiring the necessary equipment and furnishings.
- Livingston Parish - $1.5 million in Revenue Bonds for the Communications District: for renovating a portion of the Livingston Parish Courthouse to provide offices, including all necessary furnishings and equipment.
- Multiple parishes - $199 million in Refunding Revenue Bonds for Louisiana Public Facilities Authority's Entergy Louisiana, LLC Project: saving $35.2 million.
- Pointe Coupee Parish - $1.3 million in Waterworks Revenue Bonds for Waterworks District No. 1: saving taxpayers $70,933.
- St. Tammany Parish - $6.5 million in General Obligation Refunding Bonds for the city of Slidell: saving taxpayers $228,597.
For more information, visit www.LATreasury.com.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
DEMCO helps Florida get the lights back on after hurricane
K9 recovering after suspect shot at deputies in Tangipahoa Parish
High-ranking Ascension Parish deputy ticketed for DWI, suspended
Woman arrested in capital area after murder in St. John Parish
High-ranking Ascension Parish deputy suspended after DWI, wasn't booked into jail
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 4: Central's Glen Cage
Plaquemine's Jayden Rogers leading the Green Devils through music
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League