Arrest made after school mojo overdoses
COVINGTON - Police said Friday they've arrested a high school student in connection with three students overdosing on "mojo," or synthetic marijuana, at Covington High School.
Police said 18-year-old Caleb Badeaux supplied the drug, which is smoked to simulate the effects of marijuana, to the juvenile students.
A Covington Fire spokesperson said they were called to the school Thursday just after lunch for reports of a passed-out student. When emergency responders arrived a second student became unresponsive, and while taking both of them to the hospital emergency officials said they received report of a third student who also passed out.
WWL-TV reports the third teen woke up by the time emergency officials returned to the school, and he told them he had taken the synthetic drug and given it to the other two students.
All three students had been released from the hospital Friday.
Badeaux was booked on one count of distribution of a scheduled narcotic to a student and one count of violation of having a controlled substance within 2,000 feet of a school.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Where you can donate gifts to Sylvia's Toys for Christmas ahead of...
Carjackers jumped 81-year-old woman outside her Baton Rouge home, stole her car...
Feds, state law enforcement still searching for convicted murderer mistakenly released from...
Person shot at apartment complex on Perkins Road, taken to hospital in...
Police found 180 pounds of cocaine after trooper shot, killed suspect on...