Afternoon house fire reported on North 44th Street
BATON ROUGE – The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a house fire on Saturday afternoon in the 1400 block of North 44th Street.
The fire occurred at 1:42 p.m. When firefighters arrived, five occupants of the home escaped the flames unharmed. According to the fire department, the fire was caused by combustibles that were stored too close to the water heater.
The fire caused an estimated $60,000 worth of damage to the home.
Red Cross was also called to the scene to assist the residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Court delay? Couple accused of murdering daughter claim they've had COVID exposure
WBRZ's 'Fireworks on the Mississippi' a smash hit in Downtown Baton Rouge
Runners kick off 4th of July with annual Freedom Mile
Thousands expected to turn out for Plaquemine's 4th of July celebration
University of Alabama implodes decades-old dormitory