Accidental house fire started from child burning paper, says BRFD
BATON ROUGE - A child burning paper outside of a home caused a fire early Saturday morning.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, a child burning paper accidentally dropped it on some plastic that was on the outside of a home in the 2100 block of Bateman Circle near Fairfields Ave.
When firefighters arrived on scene they found a room located on the side of the house in flames. Crews were able to contain the fire to that room and outside storage shed.
The rest of the home sustained smoke and water damage.
No injuries were reported.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Handful of missing crew members identified; search still underway
LSU confirms body found Tuesday is missing student Kori Gauthier
Biden to pull US troops from Afghanistan, end 'forever war'
Video show mariners navigating choppy waters from inside capsized boat
Jury selected in trial of 'Serial killer' Kenneth Gleason, opening statements begin...
'We have a plan': Coach O quiet on how Title IX scandal...
Southeastern regains sole possession of first place in Southland standings with win...
Max Johnson in the mix for LSU starting quarterback job
Coach O admits to mistakes, takes steps to correct them in the...
Saints QB Jameis Winston gets emotional discussing Drew Brees