2 escape house fire on Woodglynn Drive
BATON ROUGE – Two people were able to escape a house fire caused by unattended cooking in the 3200 block of Woodglynn Drive on Tuesday morning.
The fire occurred around 9:45 a.m. and the two occupants of the home were able to escape before firefighters arrived, the Baton Rouge Fire Department says.
The fire destroyed the kitchen and living room of the home. The rest of the home received heavy smoke and heat damage.
BRFD determined the fire was caused by unattended cooking on the stove. The Baton Rouge Police Department, EMS and Entergy assisted on scene.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Beloved local Elvis impersonator shot to death, one suspect arrested
Baton Rouge hardware stores face shortages, price increases due to the pandemic
Authorities are investigating the shooting death of a local Elvis impersonator
As businesses struggle to hire BREC says they're starting to recover
Deputies find body after recovering car from bayou Friday
LSU pitcher Matt Beck gets his moment at the plate
Brusly baseball needs extra innings to win regional series with Jennings.
Southern Athletic Director Roman Banks talks about coaching search
Drew Brees and Sean Payton enjoy the Zurich Classic
Legendary Parkview coach Kenny Guillot passes away at 76