Chef of the Month: Newk's Eatery's Pasta Salad
BATON ROUGE- Newk's Eatery stopped by 2une In on Wednesday for their final chef of the month segment...and they did not disappoint. Chef Elizabeth Schwandt whipped up a delicious pasta salad that is guaranteed to be a hit at any family picnic. Check out the recipe below and be sure to watch next Wednesday to see who our November chef of the month will be.
Newk's Pasta Salad
1 lb. Rotini Pasta
2/3 cup Snow Peas
1/3 cup Red Bell Peppers, diced
1/3 cup Yellow Bell Peppers, diced
Close to 1/4 cup or 2 tbsp. and 2 tsp. Red Onions, diced
1/3 cup Carrots, shredded Close to 2/3 cup or 7 tbsp. and 3 tsp. Water Chestnuts, diced and drained
1/3 cup Red Wine Vinegar
1 tbsp. and 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
2/3 cup Olive Oil
1 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
1. Put snow peas into boiling water and let boil for 40 seconds. Take strainer with snow peas out and place into an ice bath to shock. Set snow peas aside.
2. Then add dry rotini pasta. Let boil until tender, about 8 minutes.
3. Take pasta out and submerge into ice bath. Stir pasta inside of the ice bath to ensure all pasta gets shocked and stops cooking.
4. Drain pasta and put into a large mixing bowl. Combine and mix well with snow peas.
5. In a separate large mixing bowl, combine and mix thoroughly the red and yellow bell peppers, red onions, carrots, water chestnuts, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil and Italian seasoning.
6. Combine pasta and dressing mix, and then gently toss. Mix thoroughly.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Governor considering mask mandate as hospitals beg for help in latest COVID...
Nearly a year after her son's heat-related death, Denham Springs mom on...
Pest control company explains how to avoid home infestations during summer heat
Nakamoto: Racist behavior under investigation at State Police; internal documents show it...
2-year-old found dehydrated in BR apartment days after mother died