Unattended pot on kitchen stove causes house fire
BATON ROUGE - First responders with the Baton Rouge Fire Department say a Monday night house fire on Pluskat Avenue, which is off Plank Road, near Mohican Street, was caused by an unattended pot that was left on the home's stove.
Firefighters arrived on scene around 11:01 p.m. and found flames in the kitchen.
After a nearly 40 minute battle, they were able to extinguish the blaze.
The house was left with $15,000 worth of damage and the Red Cross was called to assist the home's four occupants.
Officials say no one was injured during the incident.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
A federally-backed mass vaccination site opened up at Bon Carre Business Center...
Residents along the Amite River have been dealing with flooded roads since...
Local restaurants struggling to hire employees as business increases
COAST GUARD: Two more unresponsive crew members recovered from capsized lift boat...
Woman's missing unemployment benefits may have gone to wrong bank account
Southern Wins Third Straight Bayou Classic
White squad edges Purple in LSU Spring game
'We have a plan': Coach O quiet on how Title IX scandal...
Southeastern regains sole possession of first place in Southland standings with win...
Max Johnson in the mix for LSU starting quarterback job