St. George firefighters trace apartment fire source to clothes dryer
BATON ROUGE - St. George Fire Department firefighters put out a fire at an apartment complex that started in the laundry room late Tuesday morning.
St. George FD said they were dispatched to the Oakleigh Apartments on Perkins Road at 11:50 a.m. in regards to a possible apartment fire. They were called to the scene by a resident who reported the fire had started in a clothes dryer.
The first unit arrived at 11:57 a.m., and the fire was declared under control at 12:05 p.m. St. George firefighters said there were no injuries in connection with the apartment fire.
Investigators said the fire did not extend beyond the laundry room due to the speed with which the resident called 911 to report the fire and the rapid response of the St. George Fire Department.
Damage from the fire was limited to the laundry room where there was smoke damage along with some water damage. Investigators determined the fire was accidental, originating in the clothes dryer of the apartment.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Community supports memorial blood drive held in honor of Denham Springs High...
Mayor Broome plans to use $2.5 Million of CARES Act money to...
La. adopting federal guidelines easing restrictions on nursing home visits
Louisiana teacher uses Joe Burrow and some presidential figures to practice social...
Doctor warns heat stroke can strike anyone at any time, despite age
Coach O speaks with media, says 'most' of team has had coronavirus
LSU's Neil Farrell opting back in for 2020 season
LHSAA moves up start of high school football, teams cleared to start...
LSU AD Scott Woodwards talks Game Day for Tiger Stadium
Former LSU Tiger Tre White emotional over new NFL deal