59°
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
7 Day Forecast

Latest Weather Blog

Follow our weather team on social media

Officials identify man killed in house fire on Jean Street

4 months 1 week 3 days ago Monday, July 20 2020 Jul 20, 2020 July 20, 2020 8:22 AM July 20, 2020 in News
Source: WBRZ
By: WBRZ

BATON ROUGE - Officials have identified the 55-year-old man killed in a house fire on the corner of Jean Street and North Foster Drive, Sunday. 

According to the East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner's Office, Ralph Davis lost his life due to carbon monoxide poisoning secondary to smoke inhalation during a house fire that occurred over the weekend. 

First responders with the Baton Rouge Fire Department report being dispatched to the blaze around 3:50 a.m., Sunday and finding the home engulfed in flames.

Once firefighters were able to get fire under control, they discovered Davis's body.

Firefighters say the tragic incident remains under investigation. 

More News

Desktop News

Click to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Radar
7 Days