Man using stovetop for heat found dead in Ponchatoula
PONCHATOULA – Fire investigators say a man trying to use his kitchen gas stove for heat died in a fire Thursday.
Will Foster Jr., 66, was found dead in the kitchen of his West Street home around 9 a.m. Thursday, according to the state Fire Marshal's office.
Fire investigators believe Foster turned on several burners for heat, releasing gas that accumulated and then ignited, setting his clothing on fire.
Foster's brother told investigators he went to the home after Foster did not answer phone calls.
The State Fire Marshal’s office said the investigation remains active.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Louisiana's COVID-19 vaccination plan submitted, under review
Traffic jams in Livingston Parish prompt lawmakers to take action
LSU fraternity suspended after suspected hazing incident sends student to hospital
Driver claims car was damaged from debris on state road, state refuses...
Iberville sheriff's office ramping up patrols looking for stolen guns