Man killed in dispute over line at Michigan haunted house
PONTIAC, Mich. - A dispute over cutting in line led to a fatal shooting outside a popular haunted house in southeastern Michigan, police said.
Investigators were looking for a suspect Monday after the early Sunday shooting at Erebus in Pontiac. The victim was a 29-year-old man from Detroit.
“The victim and his girlfriend had been waiting in line to enter Erebus Haunted House when a male subject in line ahead of them would not move,” the Oakland County sheriff’s office said.
“The victim and the suspect exchanged words as the suspect thought the victim had cut in line ahead of him," the sheriff's office said.
Both men went to their vehicles and shots were heard. The victim was struck in the side, neck and chest, the sheriff's office said, and a witness reported that a blue sedan fled the scene at high speed.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Silence from the Livingston Parish sheriff after detectives botched sex crimes case...
After backlash from lawmakers, former State Police leader turns over personal journal...
Hurricane Ida damage still evident on a golf course in Lower Livingston...
Restaurant worker on the run after gunfight in parking lot of Ascension...
A deep dive into the Baton Rouge Police Department's Underwater Investigation Unit
Southern baseball walks off Jackson State in SWAC Tournament
Southern baseball wins game one 21-2 over Alcorn
VIDEO: Former Saints and Tiger Devery Henderson talks about the difference between...
New NCAA rules tweak opens door for more SEC dominance
VIDEO: Devery Henderson Talk about Bluegrass Miracle and the Saints "Rebirth game"