Man admits to mailing bomb threat to Baton Rouge courthouse
BATON ROUGE - A 34-year-old Baton Rouge man, who served prison time for threatening to blow up the downtown state courthouse in 2009, has admitted he made additional bomb threats in 2013.
U.S. Attorney Walt Green said in a news release Brian Cavalier pleaded guilty Tuesday before Chief U.S. District Judge Brian Jackson to two counts of making threats by mail.
Green says Cavalier was scheduled to stand trial next month on those federal charges.
Cavalier faces up to 10 years in prison for the 2013 bomb threats. Jackson will sentence him Aug. 18.
Green says Cavalier mailed a letter to U.S. District Court on Nov. 1, 2013, indicating a bomb had been planted in the federal courthouse and would detonate within 24 hours.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Feds say an upscale home on East Lakeshore drive was the center...
Hammond home invaders attempted to execute 7-year-old; police say gun misfired
Now that new Livingston Parish development has passed, what's the plan for...
Hundreds of schools to install panic buttons in classrooms
LSU Foundation employee caught with child porn after deputies uncovered disturbing online...
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 4: Central's Glen Cage
Plaquemine's Jayden Rogers leading the Green Devils through music
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League