Malfunctioning dryer sparked early-morning blaze at Baton Rouge apartment
BATON ROUGE - An apartment complex went up in flames early Monday morning due to a malfunctioning dryer, the fire department reported.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department arrived at Park Place Apartments on South Harrells Ferry Road at around 4 a.m. to find that all 10 residents of the building, nine adults and one child, had safely evacuated. Firefighters contained the flames to one unit, but neighboring units suffered smoke and fire damage.
No one was injured. The BRFD estimates damages to be around $120,000.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
After toddler's overdose death and foster parent's rape arrest, DCFS faces questions...
Capital area businesses considering scrapping LA Wallet as valid form of ID
Despite pleas from victims' families, double-murderer with life sentence gets parole
Bond hearing for mother blamed in toddler's overdose death delayed
It's back to school for students in East and West Baton Rouge...