Investigators: Devastating house fire on Hollywood Street was the work of an arsonist
BATON ROUGE - Baton Rouge firefighters wrestled an extensive house fire in north Baton Rouge, Thursday morning.
The blaze consumed a home within the 2900 block of Hollywood Street.
The home owner told officials someone kicked in his door and threw something into the home to set it on fire.
When first responders arrived they found the home engulfed in flames, and discovered that its two residents managed to escape unharmed.
It took nearly thirty minutes for the firefighters to extinguish the blaze.
The house was a total loss and the American Red Cross was called on to assist its two residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Suspect in stolen truck led police on high-speed chase from Ascension to...
Father finds family unconscious in BR home; 5 rushed to hospital with...
WBRZ's 'Stuff the Bus' event partners with local businesses to get school...
Officials rush multiple people to hospital with possible carbon monoxide poisoning
Olympian, Simone Biles withdraws from all-around final, citing mental health concerns