Latest Weather Blog
Dryer fire damages Baton Rouge home
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters said a clothes dryer caught on fire and damaged a home in Baton Rouge early Tuesday morning.
The fire happened at 3593 Ridgemont around 8 a.m. according to Curt Monte with the Baton Rouge Fire Department.
Monte said when firefighters arrived at the home they found the utility room was on fire. The flames then spread into the rear foyer before they were brought under control.
Firefighters said the rest of the home had smoke damage.
The Red Cross was called in to help the home's residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Baker School Board approves teacher raises during Tuesday evening meeting
New bill adds option to donate bone marrow to state registration
Third graders who fail new reading test three times will not advance...
'We were set up for failure:' White Castle Police Department runs out...
Man beaten to death in Baton Rouge was father of officer killed...
LSU blasts 4 homers in 13-7 win over Oregon State to advance...
LSU baseball prepares for NCAA Regional play
LSU, Tulane to meet in first round of Baton Rouge Regional as...
LSU president reminisces during team trip to DC
Southern baseball sweeps Arkansas-Pine Bluff to finish out regular season