Baton Rouge: Firefighters contain house fire on Oleander Street
BATON ROUGE - On Thursday morning, the Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to a residential fire on Oleander Street.
No one was at home when the blaze started, but a smoke sensor alerted the home owner.
She rushed home, saw thick smoke and immediately called 911.
Firefighters were able to contain the flames to the kitchen area, but the rest of the house experienced heavy smoke damage.
The cause of the fire has been linked to a faulty dishwasher.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Amendments suggested to Ascension Parish moratorium
Residents in Morning Glen contemplate next steps fearing another flood
Massive inferno at Hola Nola Foods facility likely sparked by electrical issue
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Employees fear 19 reports filed about broken prison cells fell...
Amazon investing $200M into new facility at former Cortana Mall site