Afternoon fire on Washington Avenue caused by extension cord
BATON ROUGE – The Baton Rouge Fire Department responded to an afternoon fire on Washington Avenue that was caused by an overloaded extension cord.
The incident occurred on Wednesday around 2 p.m. in the 5200 block of Washington Avenue. Firefighters arrived to the scene to find the living area and the attic engulfed in flames. The fire was extinguished quickly, however the flames caused extensive damage.
BRFD says that damages caused by the fire are estimated to be worth around $40,000.
Only one of the four occupants of the home was present at the time of the fire and there are no reports of injuries.
Red Cross, EMS and Entergy were also called to the scene.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
As mask and distancing restrictions continue to loosen, large events starting to...
La. congressman says there may be hope for residents whose homes are...
Lock down pet boom creates busy work days for veterinarians
INVESTIGATIVE UNIT: Teenage murder suspect's ankle monitor was off for 3 days...
Cat leaps from burning apartment building, walks away unfazed
LSU pitcher Matt Beck gets his moment at the plate
Brusly baseball needs extra innings to win regional series with Jennings.
Southern Athletic Director Roman Banks talks about coaching search
Drew Brees and Sean Payton enjoy the Zurich Classic
Legendary Parkview coach Kenny Guillot passes away at 76