Accidental fire destroys Baton Rouge home
BATON ROUGE - An accidental fire destroyed a home midday Saturday.
Firefighters received calls from people living on the 500 block of Hadley Drive around noon.
The first unit arrived just after 12 p.m. to find the rear of the house in flames and heavy fire showing upstairs, according to officials. When first responders arrived they searched for people inside the home but no one was there.
The house was deemed a total loss.
Investigators with the St. George Fire Department concluded it was an accidental electrical fire.
EBRSO and EMS were on scene to assist if needed.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
2MAD: Women United providing single moms, families with fresh food amid pandemic
Former LSU track star mourns younger brother's death, killed in S. Flannery...
New BRPD task force to heighten night patrol in high crime areas
After one week, 60 participants enrolled in Baton Rouge COVID-19 vaccine clinical...
Read the SEC's coronavirus medical protocols