Two children suffer minor injuries in overnight fire
BATON ROUGE - St. George Fire Department responded to an accidental house fire overnight Monday in the 2000 block of Fountain Avenue, it took officials about fifteen minutes to tame the blaze.
Two children suffered minor injuries in the Gardere-area fire and were brought to an area hospital where they were observed, treated, and released, according to an official with St. George Fire.
Investigators say the fire was triggered by a space heater that was placed too close to a couch.
Authorities say they are unsure if the family's dog escaped the home.
Red Cross is assisting the family of five.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
EBR Schools eager to see students vaccinated
Car collides with CATS bus Wednesday night
Colonial Pipeline back on line following cyberattack
After federal OK, EBR students 12 and up can get COVID-19 vaccination...
New advisory committee will evaluate if street names tied to Confederacy should...
LSU pitcher Matt Beck gets his moment at the plate
Brusly baseball needs extra innings to win regional series with Jennings.
Southern Athletic Director Roman Banks talks about coaching search
Drew Brees and Sean Payton enjoy the Zurich Classic
Legendary Parkview coach Kenny Guillot passes away at 76