Tuesday morning house fire caused by groceries set on top of stove
BATON ROUGE- Firefighters responded to a house fire Tuesday morning.
The call came in shortly after 9:40 a.m. for a fire in the 1800 block of Stonegate Court. Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesperson Curt Monte said that two adults and one child have been displaced because of the fire.
Monte said when crews entered the home, they encountered fire coming from the kitchen. It was later determined that the fire was caused by groceries that were put on top of the stove.
The fire was contained before 11 a.m.
The cost of damage to the home is estimated at $100,000.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Kids lend helping hand to BR animal organizations using community service scholarships
Baton Rouge police looking to crack down on street racing as parish...
OMV reinstatement nightmare follows woman for months; state expanding call center
Part-time police department employee among 12 arrested in massive Pointe Coupee drug...
Gunfire erupts at funeral for Baton Rouge shooting victim; one person hurt
Southern defensive lineman Jason Dumas comes back home to be closer to...
LSU wideout Brian Thomas trying to take the next step in year...
New Orleans Saints Jarvis Landry is proving he's still one of the...
Woodlawn's Rickie Collins commits to LSU
Scotlandville's Jamall Franklin commits to Houston