Raising Cane's manager stabbed to death - what we know

7 years 2 months 4 weeks ago Thursday, June 30 2016 Jun 30, 2016 June 30, 2016 5:12 AM June 30, 2016 in News
Source: WBRZ

KENNER - Police in Kenner say they’ve arrested a second suspect and have a third possible suspect in for questioning in the stabbing death of a Raising Cane’s shift manager early Wednesday morning.

The stabbing happened at 1:30 a.m. Wednesday when a former employee of the restaurant reportedly stabbed 21-year-old Taylor Friloux during an armed robbery. She would later die from her wounds at a New Orleans hospital. Kenner Police Chief Michael Glaser said the robbers made off with $1,000 to be split three ways.

Friloux was stabbed a total of eight times.The Jefferson Parish Coroner said the fatal wound was a stabbing to the aorta of her heart. 

The first suspect, 23-year-old Joshua Every, was taken into custody at his home in LaPlace after a Cane’s employee identified him. Every and Friloux worked together at the restaurant over eight months ago. Police said Every wore his old Cane's uniform t-shirt as cover on the night of the murder when the store was open later than usual to allow a carpet cleaning crew to work. 

A former co-worker said Every had "a dislike to certain people. I don't know if it was the white race, the female race." The Kenner Police Chief said if it can be proven that Friloux's murder was motivated by her race or gender, suspects could be charged under hate crime statutes.

The second suspect was identified by police as Mark Crocklen Jr. Crocklen and Every were arrested together back in 2012 when they broke into a Kenner GameStop. He received a first offender pardon in March 2016.

Investigators said Every was planning the Cane's robbery for around a month and was actively recruiting accomplices. Crocklen is now the accused getaway driver. He surrendered himself to deputies in St. John the Baptist Parish after the media reported the arrest of Every. According to Kenner PD, the plan was to rob the store, but when it escalated to murder, Crocklen tried to save himself. He'll still face first degree murder charges.

Police have yet to recover the weapon used in the murder, but they are still seeking evidence in addition to a fourth female suspect that may have been involved. A third suspect is in police custody but has yet to be booked. 

A memorial grew overnight for the victim. Friloux was remembered by friends, loved ones and co-workers as a bright and cheerful woman. A GoFundMe has been set up to help her family with expenses.

More News

Desktop News

Click to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
7 Days