Latest Weather Blog
Overloaded electrical outlet causes apartment fire; ten people displaced
BATON ROUGE - Ten people were displaced after an overloaded electrical outlet caused a fire in a multifamily apartment duplex.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, the fire on Rodin Drive off Renoir Avenue started around 1:30 a.m. early Tuesday morning. Crews were able to contain the fire quickly before it could spread and destroy the entire building.
No injuries were reported. The Red Cross was called to provide assistance to the displaced residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Man working at polymer facility died after being crushed by forklift, officials...
Frustrated teachers demand better pay at tense Livingston school board meeting
Armed man held 5 people hostage at BR apartment before getting into...
Standoff draws huge law enforcement response on Gardere Lane
Suspect taken into custody after lengthy standoff at Gardere apartment
Tigers take over Dallas ahead of Final Four match-up
Channel 2's Best Bet$: NCAA Final Four
From walk-on to consistent performer; Sierra Ballard has energized the 2023 LSU...
LSU fans send off the women's basketball team to the Final Four
Lady Tigers celebrate as they punch their ticket to the Final Four