Outdoor heater caused fire at restaurant on Perkins Road Friday night
BATON ROUGE - An outdoor heater caused a fire at a restaurant on Perkins Road Friday night.
The Baton Rouge Fire Department said they responded to the blaze at SoLou restaurant on Perkins Road, not far from Essen Lane, around 9:30 p.m. As of 10:01, the fire was under control.
Crews arrived to find smoke coming from a wall near the restaurant's patio. Upon cutting into the wall to find the source, they realized an outdoor heater was placed too close to the building and had ignited flames inside the wall.
Video and photos show a large hole in the wall where firefighters cut through to find the flames. The fire was extinguished before it could spread to other parts of the building.
No one was injured, according to the fire department.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
State will allow individual parishes to opt out of statewide burn ban
BRPD Chief Paul gets emotional at Metro Council meeting on BRAVE Cave...
As Tennessee officers face civil rights charges, famed attorney seeks similar action...
Attorney says Hammond Police Department violated state law by investigating officer-involved shooting...
One week after his son's arrest, high-ranking BRPD officer placed on leave...