Official: Faulty heater to blame for Baton Rouge house fire
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters say a malfunction in a home's heating unit was the reason it caught fire Thursday.
The fire was first reported just after 11 a.m. Thursday on N. 48th Street. The fire department says the flames began in the attic but were quickly contained.
Investigators later determined the home's heater as the source of the fire.
No injuries were reported and Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Helicopter jammed under I-12 overpass removed
K-9 'Kane' passes away from unexpected illness
Troubled BRPD officer implicated in 'Brave Cave' lawsuit arrested on simple battery...
House fire that caused thousands in damages Wednesday night reignites early Thursday
Federal lawsuit filed over EBR's controversial 'Day of Hope' school trip -...