North 15th Street home destroyed in fire
BATON ROUGE - Unattended cooking caused a fire that destroyed a home on North 15th Street, according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.
Investigators said they arrived to find fire coming from the roof of the structure.
The fire began in the kitchen and entered the attic, according to BRFD.
The blaze destroyed the building, causing an estimated $200,000 in damage.
The Red Cross was called in to assist the resident.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Local restaurants struggling to hire employees as business increases
COAST GUARD: Two more unresponsive crew members recovered from capsized lift boat...
Woman's missing unemployment benefits may have gone to wrong bank account
Second body recovered miles from lift boat as Coast Guard continues search...
Defense lawyers questioning BRPD drug squad cases amid corruption investigation
'We have a plan': Coach O quiet on how Title IX scandal...
Southeastern regains sole possession of first place in Southland standings with win...
Max Johnson in the mix for LSU starting quarterback job
Coach O admits to mistakes, takes steps to correct them in the...
Saints QB Jameis Winston gets emotional discussing Drew Brees