Kitchen catches fire at duplex on Southpark Drive; family displaced
BATON ROUGE - A family is displaced after their kitchen caught fire Thursday afternoon at a duplex on Southpark Drive, just off Coursey Boulevard.
Crews with the St. George Fire Department were called to the duplex blaze just after 2 p.m. Thursday.
Baton Rouge Fire Department also responded because the duplex is part of an "auto aid" area near the border of the two jurisdictions. Both departments go to calls in those spots.
Fire officials say the blaze started while one of the residents was cooking. The kitchen was severely damaged—the home also received heavy smoke and water damage.
The blaze was contained within ten minutes, and the adjoining duplex never caught fire.
No injuries were reported.
Four adults and two children have been displaced. St. George Fire says Red Cross was called to assist the family.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Louisiana homeowners should expect rate increases after active hurricane season
Opera Louisiane safely brings live music back to the capital area riverside
Diners shaken after vehicle crashes into outdoor dining area along Perkins Road
La. absentee ballot showing vote for President Trump found stolen, opened and...
Baton Rouge couple comes up with safe way to pass out Halloween...
Best fantasy players for week 8 in NFL: Fantasy Focus with Reggie...
Fans' Choice Award Winner 2020: Week 4 - Jacoby Howard
Ed Orgeron talks about Brennan's potential return; full Monday press conference
Friday Night Blitz: Week 5 10-23-2020
TJ Finley to replace Myles Brennan as QB this Saturday