Joe Burrow gets selected #1 overall in NFL Draft by Cincinnati Bengals
Watch WBRZ Draft coverage Thursday - Saturday
The NFL Draft is on WBRZ Channel 2!
BATON ROUGE- LSU's Heisman-winning quarterback, Joe Burrow, has been drafted number one overall by the Cincinnati Bengals in the 2020 NFL Draft. He's the second player since 1967 to win the Heisman Trophy, National Championship, and be the first overall pick. He's the first LSU player to be drafted number one since JaMarcus Russell in 2007.
Hold. That. Tiger. ?? pic.twitter.com/LAmB3udaSL— Cincinnati Bengals (@Bengals) April 24, 2020
A potential 10 LSU Tigers are expected to be drafted by NFL teams in the first two days of the Draft, with as many as six in the 1st round. For a full list of NFL players that have been drafted so far, click here.
Enough talk. Time to get to work. https://t.co/EAK97ZePE8— Joey Burrow (@Joe_Burrow10) April 24, 2020
In case you missed it:
- LSU and the SEC broke records for most first-round picks in an NFL draft. Also, which LSU players were drafted. Read more about it here.
- The New Orleans Saints drafted interior lineman Cesar Ruiz with their first-round pick. Read more about it here.
- Joe Burrow brought the parade-style parties to Athens, Ohio Thursday night as people drove past his home in celebration. Watch here.
- The Cincinnati Bengals are already selling merchandise with Joe Burrow's name and face on it. Read more about it here.
- Coach Ed Orgeron congratulates Bengals and Burrow on their number one draft pick. Watch here.
- Joe Burrow to wear number 9 for the Bengals. Read more about it here.
- How Joe Burrow's family prepared for the draft. Watch here.
Friday: See where other LSU players are drafted as the telecast continues day two on Channel 2 from 6 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. followed by News 2 at 10:30 on WBRZ.
PROGRAMMING NOTE: Watch an hour-long news broadcast from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. before the Draft Friday night on WBRZ and WBRZ Plus.
Saturday: NFL Draft coverage starts with the morning news at nine a.m. on WBRZ followed by an all-day Draft show on Channel 2 from 11 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Check back to watch our special coverage on demand below.
Both ABC and ESPN are providing Draft coverage.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
LSU pitcher Matt Beck gets his moment at the plate
Brusly baseball needs extra innings to win regional series with Jennings.
Southern Athletic Director Roman Banks talks about coaching search
Drew Brees and Sean Payton enjoy the Zurich Classic
Legendary Parkview coach Kenny Guillot passes away at 76