Bird nest sparked a/c unit fire, fire dept. says
BATON ROUGE - Firefighters believe a bird nest built inside a window air conditioner unit sparked a small fire in the mechanical equipment Saturday morning.
The fire was at a nursing home in the 3800 block of North Boulevard shortly after 1 a.m.
Firefighters said the building sprinkler system activated in the room where the unit caught fire and the blaze was put out. The fire was stopped from spreading, the department said.
There were no injuries.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
1 La. death, 13 cases of illness in kids possibly linked to...
National championship helps LSU break records in merchandise revenue
High water leading to close encounters with wildlife near Mississippi River
Officials looking at increased hurricane protections for coastal parishes
Denham Springs officials struggle to find location for low-income housing project
Southern baseball players meet for unofficial practice in Port Allen
Kenan Cooper is first from West Feliciana to swim collegialety
LSU rolls out new turf in Tiger Stadium overnight
LSU Coaches dish on latest with football team
New West Feliciana football coach unsure of when he'll meet his new...