Stongegate Court house fire
BATON ROUGE- Firefighters responded to a house fire Tuesday morning.
The call came in shortly after 9:40 a.m. for a fire in the 1800 block of Stonegate Court. Baton Rouge Fire Department spokesperson Curt Monte said that two adults and one child have been displaced because of the fire.
Monte said when crews entered the home, they encountered fire coming from the kitchen. It was later determined that the fire was caused by groceries that were put on top of the stove.
The fire was contained before 11 a.m.
The cost of damage to the home is estimated at $100,000.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
After summer of rescues and drownings, Livingston Parish outlines ordinance for river...
Baton Rouge General bringing monoclonal antibody infusion therapy to Mid City
CASA volunteers needed as system faces shortage
Board removes state agency leader amid investigation into sexual misconduct complaint
DSNAP phones flooded with up to 300 calls per second on its...