Oily rags cause smoke at Baton Rouge paint shop
BATON ROUGE - Crews were called after smoke was reported early Monday morning at an area paint shop.
The incident was reported shortly after 6 a.m. at the Sherwin Williams on Seigen Lane. At the scene, firefighters with the St. George Fire Department found discarded oily rags smoldering in a metal drum.
The drum was removed from the building and extinguished. The scene was under control by 6:18 a.m.
No injuries were reported.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
One in four restaurants statewide could permanently close due to cornavirus, industry...
Tiger Truck Stop, famous for viral camel-biting incident, will stop showcasing exotic...
One killed, another injured in shooting off Plank Road
Protesters gathered near BRPD headquarters in response to recent video of teen's...
Hazard pay application back up after state website experienced technical issues Wednesday