Neglected barbecue grill causes patio fire
BATON ROUGE - A Sunday fire that originated from an unattended barbecue grill caused about $5,000 in damages.
The incident occurred around 3 p.m. in the 2700 block of Wyandotte Street. Nearby items were ignited by the grill, causing the fire to spread into the patio next door.
According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, firefighters were able to quickly extinguish the flames. Damages were limited to the patio.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
City leaders aiming to make stricter penalties for stunt drivers
Parents say EBR transportation system had a bumpy ride for the first...
Water turned off at apartment building, management company unreachable
Iberville chlorine leak more dangerous than first thought; parish leaders lambaste plant...
Advocates for jailed juveniles protest possible relocation to Angola