Multiple fire departments called to inferno at St. Gabriel business; nearby residents briefly evacuated
ST. GABRIEL - A large fire at a business along LA 74 forced officials to evacuate nearby homes late Thursday morning.
The City of St. Gabriel said on social media that the St. George Fire Department had been called in from East Baton Rouge to help Iberville Parish firefighters with the fire, which was reported at Mason's Roofing.
No injuries were reported, but the city briefly evacuated nearby homes due to a "threat" posed by the smoke in the air.
No other details about the fire were immediately available.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
AP African American Studies course now offered at Baton Rouge Magnet High
Latest storm takes section of Ward Creek, backyards at risk
KJ Johnson smiles help lead to success
Decade after Baton Rouge woman's disappearance, jury seated in long-awaited murder trial
Authorities called in to remove horse that was left to die on...