Man tries to remove bees with fireworks, burns down garage
GRAND BLANC TOWNSHIP, Mich. - A Michigan man who tried to use fireworks to remove a bees' nest from his garage ended up burning the building down instead.
MLive reports crews responding to the home in Grand Blanc Township on Monday saw fireworks shooting into the sky from the burning garage. No one was injured.
Grand Blanc Fire Chief Bob Burdette says the homeowner was trying to use a smoke bomb to get a bees' nest out of the garage.
Homeowner Mike Tingley says that while he's sad about his garage, he's happy the incident wasn't worse.
Tingley says "everyone is safe and that's the main thing."
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Days after deadly shooting, district attorney moves to revoke West Baton Rouge...
Self-employed workers eligible for new round of pandemic benefits from LWC
FEMA Disaster Recovery Center opens in Ascension Parish
State agency leader packs office after board removal amid investigation into sexual...
Governor Edwards meets with Congress on disaster recovery funding