List of storm-related school closures
Below is a list of local schools making adjustments to their schedules Wednesday due to Zeta.
- Campuses closed. All classes held virtually Wednesday.
The following Catholic schools will dismiss at 1 pm:
- Ascension Catholic School
- St. John Primary School
- St. Theresa Middle School
- River Parishes Community Colleges will continue virtual learning on Wednesday and Thursday. Campus is scheduled to reopen on Friday.
- All public schools and offices will be closed Wednesday.
- St. Elizabeth School will be closed on Wednesday.
East Baton Rouge
- Middle and high school students will dismiss at 12:30 p.m., and elementary students will dismiss at 1:30 p.m..
-LSU's campus will close at 12:30 p.m.. All classes/activities after that time have been canceled.
-Southern University will close its Baton Rouge campus at noon. Southern Lab will also have early dismissal.
Iberville Parish School officials are dismissing students from schools at 12 noon on Wednesday.
The following schools are included in the storm-related early dismissal:
-MSA West High School
-White Castle High
- Students will be sent home early. Schools will contact parents for specific times. The start of classes will also be delayed Thursday by one hour.
St. James Parish
-St. Peter Chanel School will be closed Wednesday.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Bipartisan effort to roll out pandemic relief bill could help millions of...
Family puts Christmas tree on LSU lakes in hopes of bringing community...
Live surveillance system in Sherwood Forest neighborhood feeds straight to police
Giving Tuesday kicks off with '225 Give' campaign to support local nonprofits
Tuesday's public visitation for former LSU football star, businessman Ruffin Rodrigue
LSU loses its wide receiver shortly before game against Crimson Tide
Port Allen advances to 2nd round after huge win over Pine
U High has no problems with Evangel Christian in first round
Belaire making 1st playoff appearance in 17 years Friday
Southeastern women blow out Alcorn State on opening day of college basketball...