House fire reported on Fulwar Skipwith Rd.
BATON ROUGE - Fire officials are responding to a reported house fire on 364 Fulwar Skipwith Rd.
They arrived on scene at 7:54 PM to find the fireplace in the outdoor sun room had burned through the rear wall into the home’s living area. Smoke detectors alerted the resident to the fire.
Some electrical wiring was burned in the wall space, and the fire was contained to the area where the fire penetrated. Firefighters had the fire extinguished by 8:12 PM.
There were no injuries and fire damage to the home was minor.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Search committee looking to fill singular LSU president-chancellor position
Middle school student pulled out of class for wearing 'Trump 2020' mask
EBR overdoses up by 89 in 2020 from last year
Fire destroys mobile home in Central Thursday
Nomination of Amy Coney Barrett to Supreme Court clears Senate Judiciary Committee