Family tries to save home by dragging burning dryer out of house
BATON ROUGE - A family tried to save their house from burning Wednesday, but inadvertently fueled the flames.
Firefighters were called to a home on L'Reece Avenue, off Greenwell Street east of Airline Highway between 9 and 9:30 p.m. Crews said a dryer caught on fire and as they arrived, they saw the homeowners pulling the dryer out of the house. As they dragged the appliance, the fire spread.
Numerous fire districts responded to the blaze.
There was heavy damage, fire crews reported.
No injuries were reported as of this post.
Follow the publisher of this post on Twitter: @treyschmaltz
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Shaun Carney describes how battling COVID-19 has affected his life and his...
COVID-19 patient, Kristen Debate tells WBRZ what it was like to suffer...
Gov. Edwards cautiously optimistic in state's fight against COVID-19
LSU Health Shreveport moving forward with promising clinical trials for COVID-19
Arts Council BR starts 'Hearts From Home' campaign to support healthcare workers,...