Crews called to overnight chimney fire at Baton Rouge home
BATON ROUGE - Multiple fire engines were called to the scene of an overnight fire on University Club Drive.
The St. George Fire Department was dispatched around 11:18 p.m. At the scene, crews found an outside chimney structure burning.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the chimney and the attic space above a porch.
Authorities say the occupants evacuated the home before fire units arrived at the scene. No injuries were reported.
The fire was brought under control just after midnight. The house sustained light smoke damage.
Fire officials say the cause of the fire was either radiant heat or flue gas impingement upon combustible framing materials.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
On Monday, BR officials continue to search Mississippi River for Kori Gauthier
EBR Parish approved for Disaster SNAP Benefits
Sunday Journal: Missy's run for life
LSU engineering students create life-changing prosthetic for Catholic High athlete
Baton Rouge community members gather at candlelight vigil for missing LSU student
Southeastern regains sole possession of first place in Southland standings with win...
Max Johnson in the mix for LSU starting quarterback job
Coach O admits to mistakes, takes steps to correct them in the...
Saints QB Jameis Winston gets emotional discussing Drew Brees
Southern football on the road to play Texas Southern