Ashes placed in trash can ignites house fire on Board Drive
BATON ROUGE- Firefighters responded to a house fire Sunday night.
According to fire officials, the incident occurred around 7:15 p.m. in the 7400 block of Board Drive.
The St. George Fire Protection District says the fire has been contained.
Investigators determined that the fire started when ashes were placed in a trash can next to the house. The ashes caused the trash can to ignite, and then the fire spread up the wall of the home and into the attic.
No injuries were reported.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Garden District residents still vigilant after suspects terrorizing neighborhood arrested
75 cooks competing for the Jambalaya World Champion title in Gonzales
Parents say Baton Rouge police took 20 minutes to respond to potential...
'It's a long time coming': Iberville Parish President pleased with potential bridge...
In wake of two boating fatalities, Pointe Coupee officials hoping for safe...
Southern baseball walks off Jackson State in SWAC Tournament
Southern baseball wins game one 21-2 over Alcorn
VIDEO: Former Saints and Tiger Devery Henderson talks about the difference between...
New NCAA rules tweak opens door for more SEC dominance
VIDEO: Devery Henderson Talk about Bluegrass Miracle and the Saints "Rebirth game"