10 people escape house fire in Baton Rouge
BATON ROUGE- A fire Wednesday morning in Baton Rouge has forced nearly a dozen people out of their home.
The fire broke out at a home on East Black Oak Dr. around 7:30 a.m.
Fire officials say ten people were inside sleeping when the fire started. A neighbor noticed smoke coming from the home and broke a window to alert the family to get out.
One woman cut her hand on the broken glass from the window, according to the Baton Rouge Fire Department.
The fire department says the cause of the fire was faulty water heater.
The home is considered a total loss. Red Cross was on scene to assist the family.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Southern Jaguars return to Mumford Stadium for only home game of the...
Mary Bird Perkins employee raises $50k in fight against cancer after running...
Louisiana Marathon returns to downtown Baton Rouge
Les Miles placed on leave
LSU making decisions to better handle sexual abuse allegations
East Iberville overcomes 14 point deficit to claim 1A State Title
LSU radio crew calls road games from home
Southeastern caps off historic weekend with sweep of Mississippi Valley
Central's Ethaniel Rizan big on size and heart
Baton Rouge CC gets huge win over Louisiana Community Christian