Welding machine malfunctions, sparks fire at local auto center
BATON ROUGE - Swift action by firefighters saved an auto shop Monday evening.
Crews with the Baton Rouge Fire Department were called to Arnold's Car Care Center on Greenwell Springs Road around 6:30 p.m. Monday. Firefighters arrived on scene and found smoke coming from the building.
Fire officials say the blaze started after a welding machine malfunctioned, then went up in flames. The fire was contained within 10 minutes.
The estimated cost of damaged is totaled at $3,000.
No injuries were reported.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Jury could reach decision Friday in high-profile Livingston rape case
Following home demolition, squatter returns to property living in tents
Vets and legal experts meet to discuss ways to handle and prevent...
Ascension deputies cracking down on porch pirates ahead of Christmas
Watch: 10-year-old from Baton Rouge solves a Rubik's Cube in seconds
WATCH: New LSU coach Brian Kelly arrives in Baton Rouge
High school coaches give Brian Kelly advice on how to tackle recruiting...
See the contract to get Brian Kelly as the new LSU Football...
Fans share their excitement about new LSU head coach Brian Kelly
New LSU coach Brian Kelly arrives in Baton Rouge