Dogs rescued after explosion ignites house fire in Central
CENTRAL - Officials say two pets survived a raging house fire in a suburban neighborhood Tuesday.
The fire was reported after 10 a.m. on Virgil Jackson Avenue. The Central Fire Department says no one was home at the time, and no injuries were reported.
Two dogs were inside the home at the time, but both of them survived.
A neighbor was able to grab one of the pets before firefighters arrived. The second had to be rescued by firefighters and treated with an oxygen mask.
Investigators say some type of explosion in the garage started the blaze, and it spread to the rest of the house.
The fire remains under investigation.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Prosecutors fire back after corrections officer claims she was raped by inmate
One child dies in overnight fire, 2 others in critical condition
Interview: George Bell of the Capital Area United Way discusses 225 Give...
Black Friday shopping kicks off across stores in south Louisiana
One child killed in Friday morning house fire on Nottingham Street, three...
Belaire making 1st playoff appearance in 17 years Friday
Southeastern women blow out Alcorn State on opening day of college basketball...
Can Taysom Hill continue his success for the Saints?; Fantasy Focus with...
Catholic freshman Daniel Beale has been thrown into super stardom thanks to...
Can Jameis Winston lead this Saints offense?; Fantasy Focus Week 11 with...