Space heater causes house fire on Underwood Street
BATON ROUGE - A space heater placed too close to combustibles caused a house fire on Underwood St.
Seven fire units arrived to battle the blaze.
It happened just after seven p.m. at 4662 Underwood St. off North Foster Dr.
Firefighters arrived on the scene to find the living room engulfed in flames. Firefighters quickly extinguished the blaze. Fire damage was contained to the living room, the rest of the house suffered smoke damage.
All residents escaped unharmed, but two dogs were found dead.
The Red Cross is assisting the residents.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Louisiana's COVID-19 vaccination plan submitted, under review
Traffic jams in Livingston Parish prompt lawmakers to take action
LSU fraternity suspended after suspected hazing incident sends student to hospital
Driver claims car was damaged from debris on state road, state refuses...
Iberville sheriff's office ramping up patrols looking for stolen guns