Residents escape New Years Eve house fire caused by electrical problems
BATON ROUGE - The Baton Rouge Fire Department extinguished a house fire caused by electrical issues in one of the home's bedrooms.
Officials say the blaze broke out Tuesday evening, shortly after 4 p.m., on Cristy Drive, which is off Tams Drive; the occupants managed to escape safely.
Once firefighters arrived, they were able to contain the flames to one bedroom before extinguishing them.
The rest of the home sustained smoke and water damage, which, coupled with the fire damage, resulted in losses that amount to about $10,000.
Desktop NewsClick to open Continuous News in a sidebar that updates in real-time.
Family of Allie Rice start 'Live Like Allie' campaign as case is...
More development approved along Burbank corridor despite flooding concerns
Baker bus driver placed on leave claims school system withheld stipend from...
Secretary of State 'researching' voter registration activities at East Baton Rouge field...
More than $40K missing at WBR sheriff's office; employees implicated in growing...
Southeastern knocks off #4 Incarnate Word on Eli Sawyer game winning touchdown...
McKinley High's homecoming football game canceled after bench-clearing brawl broke out between...
LSU Baseball team volunteers with Baton Rouge's Miracle League
Fans' Choice Player of the Week 3: Scotlandville Covanta Milligan
Saints vs Bucs postgame report